Third Sector Partnership Council
What is a Third Sector partnership?
The Welsh Government is committed to working effectively with Third Sector organisations to ensure that the benefits of volunteering are adequately supported and that levels of volunteering continue to grow.
A partnership means that the Third Sector:
- has an equal say with the Welsh Government about the arrangements by which the Welsh Government and the Third Sector will work together;
- will contribute at a formative stage in informing the development of policy and programmes across the Welsh Government and has its proposals assessed against the same criteria as the public sector;
- contributes its views on the procedures for the administration of resources and priorities for the distribution of resources for the Third Sector;
- has access to its own information, training, and capacity building services and resources;
- and has opportunities to lead in those areas where it is best placed to do so.