The home of our service is the Hybu micro-site: www.welshlanguagecommissioner.org/hybu here is a summary of our work:
1. To present charities and businesses with the advantages of working in Welsh and English. This is demonstrated through our research and video clips.
2. To provide practical support for organisations through our various guidance documents, our proof reading service and our practical training courses
3. To present the Welsh Language Progress Plan – an opportunity to assess your current provision through a questionnaire and produce and implementation plan
4. The micro-site is a portal for wider support from the Commissioner’s officers.
From now on the Welsh Language Commissioner’s Promotion and Facilitation team will be transferring third sector organisations from implementing Welsh language schemes to the Welsh Language Progress plan system. The new system builds on the foundation of your language schemes by helping you to set clear, practical and measurable targets that work towards results. Many of you will have already been implementing Welsh language schemes, others have not fully completed the process.
This is an invitation to meet with myself or a member of the Promotion and Facilitation Team in order to guide you through the process of committing to a Welsh Language Progress Plan.
Why should you do this?
· On the basis of our research with a range of third sector organisations assessing their experiences of implementing Welsh language schemes, the Progress Plan system is more practical and purposeful system that should lead towards results.
· The system was prepared with the principles and requirements of the new Welsh language Standards in mind.
· As the Standards come into force, the expectations on the organizations that fund you will change. This is a way for you to prepare for the changess that may affect you.
· PQASSO for Wales which was launched on 10 June in order to strengthen quality in the third sector in Wales includes clear statements in relation to the need to consider the Welsh language and prepare a Welsh Language Progress plan in order to do this effectively.
I shall look forward to hearing from you in order to arrange a meeting to advise you on committing to a Welsh Language Progress Plan. In the meantime please take a look at our website.