Community Development is all about building active and sustainable communities.
Has your community got an idea for a project and not sure what to do next?
CVSC Community Support Service is FREE and can help you and your community develop these ideas for new projects.
We can help by:
- Advising on the creation of a brand new group with all the related needs of a new committee
- Creating a constitution for a new group or even review one that already exists
- Charity registration, if appropriate
- Discuss your idea and start developing it in preparation for grant applications if needed
- Discuss policies that your group may be interested in adopting e.g. language policy or equal opportunities policy
- Offer general support as you move ahead and turn an idea into a real project.
We can also help with:
- Accessing local and low cost training opportunities
- Recruiting volunteers to drive your idea forward
- Providing general information sources
- Publicity and promotion for your group
A chat always helps clarify things so remember to get in touch and together we can get the ball rolling! Get in touch to find out more!
Please click on the link to download our Community Support Leaflet.
WCVA and CVSC Information Sheets:
- First Steps – from idea to action
- Involving the community
- Involving service users
- Planning your work
- Choosing legal structures
- Charitable status
Running your organisation
- Developing a strategic plan
- The Business Plan
- Effective meetings
- Effective Annual General Meetings
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Risk Management
- Health and Safety
- Equal opportunities
- Welsh Language – legal context
- Setting up a financial system
- Setting a budget
- Full cost recovery
- Monitoring expenditure and budget
- Financial controls
- Annual Accounts and audit
- Reserves policy
- Avoiding fraud