Youth Led Grant 2020/2021
The Youth led Grants scheme is to support a range of small volunteering projects and activities, led and carried out by young people, with applications selected and recommended by a panel of young people aged 14 – 25. The scheme is now open for applications of grants up to £1000 and the closing date is 31st July 2020.
Frequently asked questions
Who can apply?
- Applicants must be aged between 14 – 25 years old but can be supported by an adult from the organisation
- Be based within Conwy County
- Be linked to a voluntary organisation or community group which is legally constituted
- The community group will need to have a bank account, in the name of the organisation, which requires at least two signatures
How much can you apply for?
- Grants of up to £1000 are available to support volunteering or set up a volunteering activity.
- All projects must be completed and accounted for by 31st March 2021. Any funding not spent by that date must be repaid.
What are the timescales?
- The Grants application round will close at 5pm, 31st July 2020
- Applicants will receive an email confirming receipt of their application and will be notified of the panel’s result/decision within 3 weeks of the closing date.
Will I need to report on the progress of any grant awarded?
- Yes, there will be two monitoring periods, usually around October, to see how the project has progressed and the end of project (by 31st March 2021)
- Successful applicants will need to complete a progress report and case studies on how the grant has impacted and benefitted the young people, group and the wider community.
- Details of these will be sent out to successful applicants shortly after confirmation of their award.
Download the application forms and guidance notes here: