Organisation support - recruiting and managing volunteers
Register your volunteering opportunity/vacancy with us!
CVSC Volunteering can help your organisation recruit volunteers. Currently over 100 voluntary organisations have registered their volunteering opportunities with us, so that we can support them in recruiting suitable volunteers.
How does is work? If you register your volunteering opportunity with us we can;
Promote your volunteer vacancy during tailored, one-to-one appointments that we deliver for potential volunteers searching for a suitable placement
- Advertise your opportunity on the Volunteering Wales website (www.volunteering-wales.net)
- Advertise your opportunity in our weekly local newspaper column
- Display information about your opportunity
- Provide guidance on good practice
The Code of Practice has been developed to help anyone who works with volunteers to ensure that they do so within the framework of good practice.
Proud of the way you treat your volunteers? Want to be recognised for good practice? Would like a check-over on your procedures for volunteers? Then apply for the Investing in Volunteers Quality Mark: This UK Award recognises organisations’ commitment to high-quality volunteer involvement. The assessment examines 4 areas;
- Planning for Volunteer Involvement
- Recruiting Volunteer
- Selecting & Matching Volunteers
- Supporting & Retaining Volunteers
Guidance materials, information & advice are available from the IiV website, as well as from an assigned assessor. Remember, having the Award will demonstrate to potential funders that you are a professionally run organisation and are serious about involving volunteers.
For more information contact the CVSC Volunteering on (01492) 534091 or use our online contact form
- Support you to involve young volunteers
Please click here to access the new TSSW Information Sheets.
The model policies below highlight best practice in working with volunteers. You can adapt them for your own organisation and purpose.
Click here to access them from the WCVA website. They include;
- Model volunteering policy
- Volunteer agreement
- Model complaints policy
- Model expenses policy
- Model role description
- Model supervision guidelines
- Guidelines on safety for home visits
- Model recruitment of ex-offenders policy
- Model policy on Safeguarding
- Example risk assessment form
- Developing a volunteer strategy in summary