Health & Social Care Information
The voluntary sector in Conwy is enormous – around 3200 groups and organisations operating in the county. Many or even most of these can offer a response to health and wellbeing matters, ranging from medical condition focussed charities to local community focussed groups established to support identified needs within their area of operation.
It is widely recognised that finding an appropriate charity, group or support service can be very challenging and as such, specific support has been established to assist in navigation around the sector.
The following is a list of the available support for you to consider, if you are seeking local support from a voluntary sector organisation or group:
- https://en.infoengine.cymru/ - a directory of services created in the voluntary sector.
- https://www.dewis.wales/ - another directory of services, created by the statutory sector. Both Infoengine and Dewis share their data.
- Conwy West Community Navigation Service – a local navigation service established by Conwy West Cluster, comprising of the 12 GP practices covering the communities of Penrhyn Bay, Llandudno, Llanfairfechan, Conwy, Llanrwst, Betws y Coed and Cerrigydrudion. Access to this service can be made via your GP surgery or directly via:
Telephone: 01492 817121
- Community & Voluntary Support, Conwy – the County Voluntary Council in Conwy (see below information for a more detailed overview)
Telephone: 01492 534091
Every county in Wales has a voluntary sector (also known as the third-sector) infrastructure body, generically called a County Voluntary Council or CVC. In the county of Conwy, Community and Voluntary Support Conwy (CVSC) is the County Voluntary Council, established in 1997, who’s key role is to provide information and support to local voluntary and community groups on volunteering, funding sources and a wide range of other issues, such as:
- Establish new ideas and new groups
- Guidance on getting the new committee together
- Assisting with legal structures, policies and procedures
- Advising on quality assurance
- CVSC staff trained in delivery
- Access and signposting to opportunities
- Joint delivery with other providers
- Funding information and advice
- Funding searches – new online portal
- Funding surgeries
- Grant administration and distribution
- Information sheets
- Email information service
- Social media
- Volunteer management
- Practice what we preach!
‘Volunteering is an important expression of citizenship and is an essential component of democracy. It is the commitment of time and energy for the benefit of society and the community and can take many forms. It is undertaken freely and by choice, without concern for financial gain.’
Current (additional) Schemes Delivered by CVSC:
- Community Navigation
- Gwynt y Mor Community Benefit Fund
- Rhyl Flats Community Benefit Fund
- Clocaenog Community Benefit Fund
- Car y Llan Community Transport Scheme (Betws y Coed & Cerrigydrudion)
- Health and Social Care Facilitation
- Voluntary Sector Liaison
- Conwy Voluntary Health and Wellbeing Network
- Volunteer Organisers’ Network
- CVSC Members’ Network
- Third Sector Engagement Group
- Third Sector Partnership
Community & Voluntary Support Conwy (CVSC) is the primary organisation in Conwy to assist with anything relating to the voluntary/third sector.