Rhyl Flats Community Fund
What is the Rhyl Flats Offshore Wind Farm Community Fund?
Rhyl Flats Offshore Wind Farm, operated by Innogy Renewables UK Limited has made funding available for community projects across parts of the North Wales coastline.
The fund in Conwy was launched in 2009 with a base level of £75,000 and is index linked each year in line with inflation. The fund will be made available each year throughout the operational lifetime of the wind farm.
In Conwy the fund supports communities from Mochdre in the west through to Kinmel Bay in the east. The fund is now administered by CVSC on behalf of Rhyl Flats Offshore Wind Farm.
Applications to the fund are assessed by a decision-making panel of community representatives.
The fund is open for grant applications from £2,000 up to £10,000. It will be able to fund both capital and revenue projects and will need to support the delivery of at least one of the fund’s four themes:
- Strengthening your community for the future
- Involving your community and building community spirit
- Improving the lives of local people
- Creating more viable local facilities
To date, the Rhyl Flats offshore community fund has awarded 26 applications totalling over £160,000. There are a wide range of projects, from small community workshops to staff/admimistration costs and building/renovation works.
Below is a list of some of the more recent awards:-
- Vision Support - £3,000 contribution towards a new mobile information unit
- Benefits Advice Shop - £9,504 towards a communty project supporting pensioners on benefits
- Conwy Distric Scouts - £3,000 contribution towards new 16 seat minibus
- Show Racism the Red Card - £5,880 contribution towards a communtity awareness programme
For a full list of applications awarded to date, please click on the link below:
All applications should support the fund’s cross cutting theme:
- Delivering value for money
Download the application forms and guidance notes here:
Contact us for an initial discussion and an application form
For more information read our FAQs page
The below map shows the areas covered by the Rhyl flats fund;
Rhyl Flats Offshore windfarm is operated by Innogy Renewables UK off the North Wales Coast. It is a partnership between Innogy Renewables UK, Greencoat and the Green Investment group.